Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully as they will tell you everything you need to know about the agreement you will enter into once you accept a quotation for Strysen Heating LTD to install central heating equipment, carry out installation of appliances and maintain gas appliances in your home.
1. The price quoted is open for acceptance within 30 days providing that the work can be commenced within 90 days (excluded quotes for repairs to gas appliances or central heating) both periods being from the date of the quotation. If you decide that you would like us to commence work after this time we will let you know if there has been a change in the price requiring a revised quotation and the reasons why.
2. Strysen Heating LTD shall quote the cost of installing/repairing central heating equipment or gas appliances as discussed with you and/or specified in the quotation form.
3. Strysen Heating LTD will carry out the whole of the work specified in this quotation at the price quoted but any variation or additions requested by you and carried out by Strysen Heating LTD including variations the necessity of which becomes apparent after work commences will be subject to an additional charge. We will need to assess your home at all times during installation/repair.
4. The time estimate provided for completion of installation is our best estimate of the likely time scale prior to commencement of the installation and we cannot accept liability for any cost, losses or expense of whatever nature incurred by you as a result of any delays.
5. The price specified in the quotation does not include the price of removing any dangerous waste material such as asbestos found when installing/repairing/maintaining your central heating/gas appliance. This will be the subject of an extra charge.
6. If you are a tenant you may need your landlord’s permission to carry out the work covered by this quotation/invoice. Strysen Heating LTD will assume that you have obtained such permission. Strysen Heating LTD shall not have any liability for any loss or damage however arising from failure to obtain such permission.
7. Your order is accepted subject to the condition that you are responsible for ensuring that there is an adequate gas supply to the dwelling prior to the commencement of the work. We can put you in touch with Transco to arrange this if necessary. Where Strysen Heating LTD “fitted to point” it means a suitable gas point within 1.5 metres of the position to which the appliance is to be fitted. Any extra pipe work or alterations to fire openings or cabinetry etc will be at extra cost to you. Where such a supply is not laid or fire openings or cabinetry require alterations to enable work to commence within 90 days of the date of the quotation, Strysen Heating LTD reserve the right to cancel your order and Strysen Heating LTD shall not have any liability for any costs, loss or damage arising from such a cancellation.
8. All fitted furniture, carpets, linoleum and special types of flooring, for example, tongue and groove parquet, hardwood, rubber or tiled floors must be removed as required by Strysen Heating Ltd and you shall be responsible for their replacement when the work is completed. In many cases this removal and replacement is best left to a specialist contractor and you should seek advice accordingly.
9. The work will be carried out in a proper workmanlike manner but Strysen Heating LTD cannot be held liable for any damage unavoidably caused to decorations, fittings and the like as a result of installing/maintaining any new or existing equipment as specified in the quotation or removing, replacing or distributing existing pipe work, appliances, tanks, cylinders or other fixtures and fittings.
10. Where Strysen Heating LTD needs to connect new equipment to your existing central heating system it shall not be liable for any breakdown or poor performance of or damage caused to your existing system as a result of faulty pipe work or some other defect or malfunction of your central heating system. Further Strysen Heating LTD cannot accept liability for any deterioration in the performance of the central heating system caused by fluctuations in the water pressure provided by your water supplier.
11. Strysen Heating LTD not have any liability for any failure to perform its obligations under this quotation/invoice if it is prevented from doing so by causes reasonably beyond its control, including unforeseen circumstances, such as industrial disputes, strikes, lock-outs, fire, accidents, war or problems with the fabric of the building including the roof or problems with goods being delivered on time by a third party. Strysen Heating LTD shall not have any liability for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage or loss of profit with the exception of damage for death or personal injury. The total liability of Strysen Heating LTD under this agreement shall not exceed the price paid. Further, should any additional work be required as a result of such unforeseen circumstances, you will be responsible for meeting the costs of such work.
12. To complete your central heating/gas appliance installation/maintenance/repair as quickly as possible Strysen Heating LTD may need to use a sub-contractor.
13. All work carried out by Strysen Heating LTD carries a full 12 month guarantee (only where materials and appliances are supplied by strysen Heating LTD) except servicing/maintenance/repair work, which is guaranteed for 28 days.
14. Should you cancel your order at any time prior to the commencement of the work, Strysen Heating LTD reserve the right to retain the deposit as a contribution towards any reasonable losses incurred.
15. On acceptance of the quotation by the Customer, the Customer agrees to pay a refundable deposit of 30% of the total amount as shown on the agreed quotation (unless otherwise agreed with Strysen Heating LTD), prior to the commencement of any work by Strysen Heating LTD
16. A quotation/invoice cannot be varied except in writing or email format by Strysen Heating LTD
17. A quotation/invoice references to Strysen Heating LTD
In the absence of any prior written agreement to the contrary, payment of charges is required of our invoice. Failure to make payment within 28 days of the due date will result in the matter being referred to our Debt Collection Agents whose charges will be added to, and payable with the invoice debt.
Quotations, contracts and other documentation
Strysen Heating Ltd shall:
1. Supply to the customer written details of the work to be carried out including materials supplied, who will be carrying out the works and a breakdown of the costs including all taxes and other costs that may apply or affect the final price. Details of any deposits or staged payments together with timings for work agreed will be shown where necessary.
2. Where required, Strysen Heating Ltd will provide to the customer the correct 14 day cancellation rights form for all works over £42 and supply information about the contract and identity of the business, as required by law before they commit to the contract.
3. Provide the customer with written confirmation of any contract entered into, or a copy of the contract and the written information Strysen Heating Ltd is required to provide.
4. Maintain full records of all Customer correspondence and documentation, and retain such information for a minimum period of 2 years.
Strysen Heating Ltd shall:
1. Try our best to settle complaints amicably with the Customer.
2. Document all complaints received from Customers in a written complaints log and retain this information for a minimum period of 2 years.
3. Acknowledge and offer a course of action to the Customer within 28 days for all complaints.
4. If agreed by the Customer, carry out such remedial action within 8 weeks from the date of Customer agreement.
5. Offer Customers full details of why a complaint will not be upheld if relevant.
6. If complaints cannot be resolved between Strysen Heating Ltd and the Customer we will cooperate with Ombudsman Services and comply with any decision in relation to the complaint.
7. Strysen Heating Ltd shall be subject to the procedure and requirements of Ombudsman Services. In the event that a complaint cannot be resolved between you and the Customer under the Complaints policy outlined above, either party can contact Ombudsman Services. Ombudsman Services investigate complaints fairly and the service focuses on encouraging early agreed resolution wherever possible. Ombudsman Services is entirely independent, meaning that they assess the facts of each individual case. They do not take sides and make decisions based on the facts.